Monday, September 22, 2008

"It's Istanbul, not Constantinople...

I get to this very very late, I know. I will try my very best to get posts updated frequently, Tali don't hate me!!!

So last weekend, I visited Istanbul with Lily, also from New York City. We stayed at the Kalyon Hotel on the beach of the Sea of Marmara I believe. It was a very good location, being near all the historical sites and all.

This is a photo of the old wall that at one time surrounded the Old City. It is all in ruins, and there are only remnants of what it once was.

One of the great spaces in the World. Except for the scaffolding that was right in the MIDDLE of the space all the way up to the top of the dome, it was quite an awesome space to be in, Aya Sofia.
A view from one of the terraces in Topkapi Palace.

I don't remember the exact number of streets, but I would say 30-50 that make up the Grand Bazaar. It's the largest indoor market place in the world.. I believe. There were lots of man purses and gold, that's pretty much it. It was fun to walk through though.

There are lots of these little alley ways around Istanbul, and always seem to be these cute little places to have lunch, se we made a pit stop here before we had to be back at the hotel to check out then find a taxi to get to the airport. Until next time...
In case you didn't get it from the posting title, this post is for you Tali! u like?

No comments: